Friday 13 November 2009

Sweet retired solitude

Some of you may be aware that, since 30th September, I've given up full-time work with Spiritia. I'm still doing occasional work as a volunteer, particularly to maintain the web site. I'm also continuing to work for with the AusAID-funded HIV Cooperation Program for Indonesia (HCPI) as a consultant, at least until the end of the year. Hopefully there will opportunities to continue this next year.

However, I do intend to spend more time in the UK. I had a really enjoyable couple of weeks there in September, partly staying with my sister between Reading and Newbury, but also spending four days hiking in Exmoor. During that time, I hardly saw a soul all day - a very pleasant change from the wall-to-wall people here. There's so much of the British Isles I've always wanted to visit, so I plan to start to address this starting next Spring.

Meanwhile, I'm spending much of my time with the prisons. I'll write more about this tomorrow. There's still plenty of time for more adventures. And hopefully I'll have more time to write...

Babé

No comments: